|93 songs of my favorite songs that I’ve recorded and/or written spanning 15 years. Mouse over the song titles to review the playlist. Like you care, but here’s a brief description of each band featured here:
- The Schleps: My most current project. “Shred” is a collection of some originals I wrote and “Demos” are some Hebrew Hardcore tunes I wrote/interpreted, respectively. Sorry not all these songs have vocals on them.
- BEWARE!: The last band I was in. Allston Thrashcore. I like the name “Chew & Screw” as the title for the EP that we recorded.
- Memorable: One rehearsal night when we got drunk on absinthe and wrote 3 or more songs on the spot. Recording our EP was a fucking great time and and seeing our name as the headliner of the Paradise Lounge marquee was da bomb.
- Cha: I drummed for this acoustic singer-songwriter from 1991-1993. She was/is a genius. I was lucky to ruin her songs with my sloppy drumming.
- Memorable: Our first performance was at an open-mic at NYU’s 10th street dorms where the unexpecting crowd peaked. The weekly shows we did at the Sun Mountain Cafe in Greenwich Village where we drank free beer from 7pm till midnight and played two sets and the Nightingale’s shows were just awesome. Pushing a laundry cart with our equipment in it to shows really fuckin’ sucked.
- Litterbox: I was a drummer in this Punk band from 1991-1996. We had as many crazy times as we did member changes.
- Memorable: Our first show when one of our friends threw the other into a table with a full pitcher and pint glasses on it. We played CBGB’s, The Continental, ABC Norio, The Spiral, The Scrap Bar, The Space At Chase, The Lion’s Den and probably some other NYC dives as well.
- Noise.Action.Radio: A Punk band I was in 2001. We had some great songs. Too freakin’ bad we couldn’t get our P/R shit together enough to get more than one show.
- Memorable: Our only show was a Halloween show where we played as a Ramones’ cover band. We were, “Loco Live” awesome. Ironically, I don’t believe we ever played our originals live.
- Mourningside: The first band I was in when I moved to Boston in 1999. We played a Dark Hardcore Metal brew.
- Memorable: Sharing our demo on the original Napster and getting contacted by folks who downloaded and liked the tunes in 1999/2000. Producing our first “YouTube” band video and multi-media cd in 1999/2000. Whitewater rafting in Maine as well as our first show there hosted by The Lunch Money Thugs and Lowlife. Our first two shows selling out O’Brien’s Pub in Allston and recording the gang vocals version of, “Handprints” in my basement.
- Tisaref: My first exploration into sequencing and electronic music. Instrumental Industrial music. Woopty-freakin’ doo!
- Memorable: Chilling in the computer labs of Berklee during my less than a year attendance being completely self-indulgent.
- Frustrated: A band I was in during my 2.5 year stay in San Francisco. It was supposed to be Litterbox but some shit hit the fan, so out of lack of pursuing anything better in our lives we kept playing and made a CD.
- Memorable: When the Friday night jams were in their “Golden Age.” Actually our best “shows” were either at those jams or when we got rip shit at house parties or the Zeitgeist and did our set on our, “grandpa’s guitars.”